Why we do it?
Established in 2004, Prime Motivation Expo is a fun, innovative, interactive strategy, which promotes a positive message to disconnected youth to stay in school and focus on future personal and career oriented goals. Motivating youths to further their education and seek career-tech education as a possible career path may help lead them towards a path of self sufficiency and reduce the number of out-of-school, out-of-work youths. Prime Motivation is a tax-exempt, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Prime Motivation has been designed around a methodology to give disconnected youth an overview of the many, varied career opportunities that await them. Incorporating live demonstrations, hands-on workshops and educational seminars from hundreds of companies and organizations, Prime Motivation informs disadvantaged audiences of their potential futures through direct "Experiences". When disconnected youth transition into education and employment, the effects are seen not only within the youth's personal lives, but in modern-day and future society as well. Prime Motivation is working diligently to address this problem through offerings of several innovative Career and Educational Expos throughout California. It is with these expos that we intend to ultimately positively impact the growing epidemic of disconnected youth.
- Diverse careers in various industries
- Local employers, presenting developments of the latest technologies, providing contacts of potential future employment
- Business Schools and Universities, presenting a miscellany of career-focused educations
- Workshops and seminars, motivating and stimulating youth interest in making informed decisions on their future
- Valuable labor market resources and financial aid information
- A live event with a great impact and reach
- Caring adult support and guidance
- Interaction with local employers creating an “experience” of careers, providing motivation
- Exposure to a diversity of industries, sparking interest and helping to define direction
- Horizon extending exposure to educational opportunities, heightening aspirations